Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've never ran in the cold before, but ...

Tomorrow is my training day with Stu.

Three hours of "movement."

Not three hours of running, "just" three hours of "movement."

When I signed up for the half-marathon, I signed up with a few co-workers and we got a trainer. I get customized workouts set my heart rate. Yup, I now own a sweet heart rate monitor watch. Sounding serious?

(Then I went out and bough $100 sneakers. Then I decided that I needed to look good while I was running, so I went out and got new running capris, tank tops and zip ups. This part of it was obviously the most fun.)

For the past month, I have spent at least an hour a day "moving" at the gym or outside. And ya know what? It's been quite enjoyable.

I'm not too sure how I feel about tomorrow, though. I'm a little intimidated, but excited to see how my training has paid off.

I think I would be more excited about it if it were going to be warmer. I've made it a rule for myself that I only run outside if it's above 50 degrees.

Tomorrow's high? 38. At 9 a.m., the time we're meeting? 30 degrees.

This is not looking like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment