Friday, April 29, 2011

And Now the Media Can Find Something Else to Talk About...

I crumbled. I got up to watch the Royal Wedding.

I swore I wasn't going to. Media coverage these past few weeks (and months) have really tired me out of all this Commoner-turned Princess/Oh-em-gee who is the designer/Will they kiss like Prince Charles and Princess Diana/So and so wasn't invited to the wedding.

But Thursday night, I flipped through my DVR and- alas! William & Kate via Lifetime.
That William is hot. And has a full head of hair. Yum.

Anyways, I got to bed late (thanks, neighbor signing opera and playing a recorder(?)) but woke up bright and early ready to see the balding prince and hyped-up gown.
The dress was gorgeous. Simple and elegant. I like most that it's timeless. I see pictures of Princess Diana's dress from back before I was born and I just think that the 80s must have been a terrible, terrible time. I'm sure my future nieces will look at Kate and her dress and still see the beauty of it.
And my personal favorite photo of the event. Camera angle=bald spot detection. You would think that they could pay scientists and doctors to figure something out about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment